What Do Brokers Do?
Unlike other insurance providers, an insurance broker works for you rather than an insurance company. Brokers use their professional knowledge and experience to help you properly assess your insurance needs, shop for the best value in insurance coverage and help you in the event of a claim.
Many brokers will help you with a quote on line or over the phone, but personal consultations are encouraged, to answer any questions you may have, ensure there are no misunderstandings and no detail is overlooked.
Their services include:
• Assessing your individual needs and obtaining quotes. Depending on the property, vehicle or business being insured, this might include performing an insurance valuation, taking photographs or obtaining an inspection report.
• Comparing the coverage of different insurers to get you the best rates and conditions in an unbiased manner and making recommendations.
• Searching for opportunities to reduce overall premiums by combining different types of insurance for discounts.
• Explaining premiums, terms, conditions and any small print that you don’t understand.
• Providing administrative follow-up, such as mortgage changes, certificates of insurance.
• Providing advice and revisions at policy renewal or mid-term if material changes are necessary, such as a move or the sale of an asset.
• Being available to answer questions after purchase. The vast majority of brokerages are well established in their community and insurance is their primary business.
• Ensuring claims are fairly handled. They help you with the process and ensure a fair and speedy settlement. Brokers make a positive difference to an insurer’s payout in a substantial number of claims.
There is no extra cost to you for all the services that a broker provides. A broker is paid a commission through the insurance company that you place your business with, and believes in complete transparency in this regard.
Protect Your Interest
Insurance brokers act as your personal advisor on insurance matters. They work for you, not the insurance company, to make sure that your family; your possessions and your business are properly protected. If you have the misfortune of a loss your insurance broker will guide you through the claims process, helping to ensure a swift and fair settlement by your insurance company, to get you back to where you were before disaster struck.
Brokers provide expert, unbiased advice on your individual insurance needs. Unlike other providers who are focused on selling you something, with a broker your interests come first. It is this focus on customer needs rather than their own that sets the broker apart from all other insurance options.
Behind the scenes, insurance brokers have been keeping consumer interests in the forefront of politicians’ minds for over 90 years with respect to access, fairness and affordability. Their integrity is respected by parliamentarians of all stripes.
See why it’s smart to hire a broker. CLICK HERE